KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sir Papa Smurph!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Tanuts R Us
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Sir Papa Smurph! Reply with quote

You went by me a few days ago like I was standing still. Consider yourself notified that I have once again started moving with a knees bent silly running around advancing behavior.
#ni-1

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sir Papa Smurph! Reply with quote

JerWA wrote:

You went by me a few days ago like I was standing still. Consider yourself notified that I have once again started moving with a knees bent silly running around advancing behavior.
#ni-1

So, What do you think of MW on your ATI cards? Still gonna switch from that 4890 you were going to get? Please join our KWSN team at MW GPU. It's not up and running yet but hopefully soon will be. Very Happy
#ni-1

And a few that won't update for some reason.

4870 GPU
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even have an MW GPU account. I thought they nixed that project and just rolled it into MW proper? Or is that backwards? Are they eventually going to spin the GPU stuff off?

As for the card, it's good, but this is a really narrow scope. I could put a similar Nvidia card to a much broader spectrum of work. Ironically enough there are very few factory watercooled setups on the GTX200 cards, in fact I can only find one from EVGA for $710 lol. Does weight in ATIs favor, even if I only have 1 to choose from.

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will soon split off. You'll need a MW-GPU account to continue to use your GFX card. It will include both Nvidia and ATI. The work units will be significantly longer but the credit will be in line scaled with what it is now. You will also be able to crunch MW-GPU and MW-CPU on the same machine if you want as there will be two different apps.
#ni-1

And a few that won't update for some reason.

4870 GPU
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sir Papa Smurph! Reply with quote

JerWA wrote:

#ni-1

Well, I am just mosi'n along.......I can't afford anything new for a while ( $650. for new steer tires today & $500. for a new alternator last week)....
not a lot of work right now....but I did get another 8800 gt and a 9850 black back on line Very Happy Better than a sharp stick in the eye......... #ni-1
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolio, created and teamed. Longer WUs would be good I think, it's way less managerial overhead.

And smurph, you can get an HD3850 for like $60 brand new. I'm tempted to stuff one in my g/fs computer to replace her 7950GT since, sadly, it's almost twice as much GPU performance on top of being crunch-compatible. Twisted Evil

Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still sittin on 2 DFI 790 Fx boards that just need,...well,...Everything else........... Gotta wait till freight picks up, then I will go at it.....

Soon, Grasshopper, Soon #ni-1
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at the rate we're running now I'll pass you in something like 7 years! I'll have another system online soonish, by some time next week (thanks to work), but you've got a GPU coming online soon yeah? Sheesh, people and their resisting being passed.

Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well looks like you got me and then some.....

#ni-1
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only until you get that GPU online lol. Even with the newly improved computer I'm building the increase in credit/day will hardly be a blip compared to a single $60 GPU. At least... until I put 2 of those IN the new system. Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Tanuts R Us All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: