KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Video Card Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam Alexander
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Another Video Card Question Reply with quote

Have any of you managed to get an NVIDIA card working in one slot with CUDA drivers and an ATI card working in other slots? It seems to work with the basic drivers, but Vista (I know) shuts down the NVIDIA cards when I install CUDA. Maybe if I try connecting the monitor to one of the NVIDIA cards it would work. The error message says something about shutting down those displays because they do not support the monitor.

Currently running:

Active
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

Reserves
Now down to one Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 that's in a tiny case and overheats if I actually try to use all four cores at the same time. On the other hand, it makes for a very nice home theater PC
Intel Core i7 CPU 920
AMD Athlon(tm) 7850
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was something I saw somewhere about a dummy plug that can be made to fool the card into thinking the was a monitor attache when there wasn't one. It required some easy soldering and 3 75 ohm resistors to be bridged across 6 pins. I'll try to find it again.

And a few that won't update for some reason.

4870 GPU
Adam Alexander
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN imcrazynow wrote:
There was something I saw somewhere about a dummy plug that can be made to fool the card into thinking the was a monitor attache when there wasn't one. It required some easy soldering and 3 75 ohm resistors to be bridged across 6 pins. I'll try to find it again.

Thanks!

Currently running:

Active
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

Reserves
Now down to one Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 that's in a tiny case and overheats if I actually try to use all four cores at the same time. On the other hand, it makes for a very nice home theater PC
Intel Core i7 CPU 920
AMD Athlon(tm) 7850
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go.
I don't know if this will work on an ATI card or not. Where I found this info they use it with NVIDIA cards doing folding. Aparently they're running Vista as well.( I didn't read all of it) I stopped where there was a mention of having to reboot after installing the plug because the're not P n' P compatable. DUH
#ni-1

And a few that won't update for some reason.

4870 GPU
Adam Alexander
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN imcrazynow wrote:
Here ya go.
I don't know if this will work on an ATI card or not. Where I found this info they use it with NVIDIA cards doing folding. Aparently they're running Vista as well.( I didn't read all of it) I stopped where there was a mention of having to reboot after installing the plug because the're not P n' P compatable. DUH
#ni-1

Thanks. I'll give it a read #ni-1

Currently running:

Active
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

Reserves
Intel Core i7 CPU 920
AMD Athlon(tm) 7850
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: