KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sir Al Dente

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Tanuts R Us
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevint
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Sir Al Dente Reply with quote

The tanuts section has been slow here lately, so I thought it best I supply a nice one.

Your Aqua spot is in danger.

The "No Tax" man commeth

You 790,635

Me 533,804

I should be passing the king of sofa tomorrow.. and as long as I don't stop for a nap - Or the Shrubbries of Aqua are not all shrubbed before 5 moons have come and gone, I should have passed you.

#ni-1

[[img]http://tinyurl.com/mx2gvc[/img] <<<<< CLICKY TO LOOKY AT MY STATS.. IT'S FREE!!!
Al Dente
Prince
Prince

Location: Leodis, the jewel at the end of the yellow brick road (or M1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. My first personal tanut from outside KWSN. I'm truly honoured, good Sir; I'd noticed "www.endthefed.us" rapidly getting larger in my rear-view mirror, but hadn't realised it was your own good self.

But as, firing on all cylinders, I can only churn out about ¼ of your current output, I must respecfully decline your invitation to mortal combat in his particular arena.

I was chasing Merlyn for the UK #1 spot, but he's gone and diskappeared off into the distance, so I'll have to content myself with (eventually) nipping past your very own Doctor Dan.

BTW, your timings are a bit pessimistic - you're already past the Couch Potato, and you'll probably squish me tomorrow. Embarassed

Have fun in your stroll to the top.

#ni-1

Sir Al, the Toothless Wonder

. . My Milestones . . My Full BOINC list
Kevint
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well then sir, what are you chicken Hungry

However, I will keep Dr Dan looking the other way until you can sneak by him.

Yes I was not expecting my new toys to perform as they do. (even if they are only on loan). So might have been a bit pessimistic.

Never had me a V8 7xxx series before, and I might say, I am very much falling in like with them. If I were a rich man...... I feel a song coming on.

[[img]http://tinyurl.com/mx2gvc[/img] <<<<< CLICKY TO LOOKY AT MY STATS.. IT'S FREE!!!
Al Dente
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive, but with an RAC of 10x my peak (and probably still rising), a lop-sided contest with you would only serve to distract me from the important goal -

WORLD DOMINATION FOR KWSN

But, on the other hand, there is one project where I may manage to nip past you in the next 3 or 4 weeks - I'll leave you to work out which one that is. Laughing

#ni-1

Kevint
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Dente wrote:

But, on the other hand, there is one project where I may manage to nip past you in the next 3 or 4 weeks - I'll leave you to work out which one that is. Laughing

#ni-1

Ohh Damn, I have some homework! I hate it when that happens, the entire reason I dropped out of 3rd grade!

Al Dente
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Very Happy Laughing

ohiomike
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevint wrote:
Al Dente wrote:

#ni-1

Ohh Damn, I have some homework! I hate it when that happens, the entire reason I dropped out of 3rd grade!

That's disgraceful. 3rd grade was the best 6 years of my life!

Resident Linux fan and credit ho >My Shrubbers<
Proud member of the "Fry a CPU for breakfast club"
Kevint
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the there are a couple - SHA and Ralf - But I am assuming SHA -

Since you have already beaten me bloody in Poem and Yoyo

I have not done many SHA shrubs for a long time. I was not happy with the way the project decides to download 4 million WU's at a time and then sticks them on high priority..

Oh and congrats on a 10,000,000 milestone!!!

#Milti #Milti #Milti

#ni-2

Al Dente
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're right, it's SHA; I'm aiming to just pass the ¼ million mark, and happened to notice that you're parked there. And SHA still acts the same; I just let BOINC Manager sort it out.

At the moment, I'm trying to move a few projects past landmarks to push myself up Free-DC's "most nnnn" lists.

And thanks for noticing the 10 mil.

#ni-1

Kevint
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Dente wrote:
Yes, you're right, it's SHA; I'm aiming to just pass the ¼ million mark, and happened to notice that you're parked there. And SHA still acts the same; I just let BOINC Manager sort it out.

At the moment, I'm trying to move a few projects past landmarks to push myself up Free-DC's "most nnnn" lists.

And thanks for noticing the 10 mil.

#ni-1

Ahhh you do the most nnnn's --

The nnnn's that concerns me the most is the most #1's - and most 1m and most 10m

I got to get me another 10m - Steve-just tied me a few days ago for the #1 spot. wondering if Aqua is a good one for that.

And I am trying to keep my #1 spot with the most 1M's but that darn Paul is looking like a strong competitor for a tie, and in AQUA - go figure!

Aqua seems to heat up my shrubbers more than others... I don't like to see the poor bastards running at 90c

Al Dente
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Aqua should give you another 1M in 3 or 4 days at your current rate, and it would take you about <whirr, whirr, clack, clunk> 80 days for a 10M, so it would seem a fairly good bet. Cosmo might be closer for a 10M, but I've rather gone off them.

Don't worry about the heat - just think what you're saving on heating bills. Shocked

My own ambitions are a bit more modest - a top 10 in ¼M, 100K & 25K (already there in 50K). With only two 1M projects I don't even make that list.

Best of luck in your endeavours; but above all, have fun.

#ni-1

Sir Al

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Tanuts R Us All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: