KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Cracked of the Mind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then when Jack gave her something in her drink so that she would forget everything, and said that the worst part was that she would forget him too. Such a gorgeous man, and he knows it too.

I think you might be wasting your time there Michelle, if you know what I mean.

#ni-1
Clark
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's (UK) episode was immensely disappointing.

I actually fell asleep.

At least they managed to get the great Derek Jacobi in an episode.

I want them to rerun some old eps cause one of my relatives was in Destiny of the Daleks way back in 1979

Badges:
SPIKE09
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was you ingesting large amounts of alcohol prior to the episode or had your Knightly meds been dispensed ? was a very good penultimate episode methinks Laughing
#ni-1
Clark
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.......neither of those.......I don't drink and the drugs I do take are non-drowsy making.

I just felt that nothing much happened.

Watched Blink again to make up for it........now that's what a real Dr Who episode should be like.

Badges:
Frank the Historian
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark wrote:
At least they managed to get the great Derek Jacobi in an episode.

Due respect to John Simm, who I really enjoyed in Life on Mars, but I really wish Jacobi could have stuck around a little longer. He was great, and Simm, while plenty campy, just doesn't bring the sinister gravitas. He's a little too Dr. Evil. 'Course, writing plays a role...

Does anyone know, did that Gallifreyan background material come out of thin air, or does it come from some canonical novel or audio adventure I've never seen?

Frank
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Cracked of the Mind wrote:
Quote:
Then when Jack gave her something in her drink so that she would forget everything, and said that the worst part was that she would forget him too. Such a gorgeous man, and he knows it too.

I think you might be wasting your time there Michelle, if you know what I mean.

#ni-1

Sad but true, Sir Cracked. Doesn't stop me from admiring from a distance though. lol Next Torchwood ep on tonight #ni-1, and then the Doctor is back in Runaway Bride on Thursday night. New season Doctor starts Saturday night. Hooray!!

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Clark
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:

Sad but true, Sir Cracked. Doesn't stop me from admiring from a distance though. lol Next Torchwood ep on tonight #ni-1, and then the Doctor is back in Runaway Bride on Thursday night. New season Doctor starts Saturday night. Hooray!!

I never got into Torchwood.......whenever I saw it the acting looked terrible....John Barrowman was worse than usual.

Anyway, there's a few corkers in the season. Blink is fantastic, as is the preceding Human Nature/Family of Blood two-parter.

The Shakespeare Code is great, especially if you know your Shakespeare cause there are a few in-jokes slipped in. They seem to do the historical ones best....Girl in the Fireplace was good as was the Empty Child/Doctor Dances two-parter (are you my mummy????)

If you are a mummy, your kids might need you for Blink......it's a real good old hide behind the sofa episode.

Badges:
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have Captain Jack for Christmas? He can teach me how to shoot. Cool
Lucky Gwen Cooper! lol
We had our 3rd Torchwood ep tonight. The one with the little thing that made them see 'ghosts' and the old fella topped himself on the knife that Gwen was holding.
I love all the characters in Torchwood!

If I can't have Captain Jack, can I kick Martha out and be the Doctor's assistant? Thursday nights "Runaway Bride" was really good. I loved the Tardis going down the motorway bouncing off the top of the cars. lol Then Saturday was the first ep of the new series with Martha in it and the police that looked like rhinos. I'd like a sonic screwdriver for Christmas too.

Clark wrote:
The Shakespeare Code is great, especially if you know your Shakespeare cause there are a few in-jokes slipped in. They seem to do the historical ones best....Girl in the Fireplace was good as was the Empty Child/Doctor Dances two-parter (are you my mummy????)

Clark, are you talking about Torchwood or Doctor Who? The next Doctor Who ep is a Shakespeare one.

Clark wrote:
If you are a mummy, your kids might need you for Blink......it's a real good old hide behind the sofa episode.

I am a mummy but my kids are young teens now so less prone to nightmares and frights. My almost 14 y.o. daughter sat and watched Resident Evil on the telly with me last night. Great movie. We've got the second one on dvd but I hadn't seen the first one.
Anyway, my daughter sort of half watches Torchwood while she is on msn with her friend in Sydney and my 16 y.o. son is a great fan of the Doctor. He won't watch Torchwood because he thinks it looks like crap. Rolling Eyes

I've been waiting for a show I could really get into since Nikita finished. Heroes and Supernatural have come close, but the new Doctor Who series of the last couple of years and now Torchwood have done it. It might sound silly to most, but I love a show that gets me on the edge of my seat, and makes me feel what the characters are feeling. I'm not too embarrassed to say that I do have a tendency to tell them to hurry up and run, or not to go through the door etc. Confused

Eaving
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you were a huge Rose fan Michelle give the new companion a couple of episodes. I feel they kind of did her a disservice in the writing of her character in the first couple of episodes but I honestly preferred Martha once she got going.
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eaving, I was a big Rose fan and found it really sad at the end of the last season when it was so obvious how much they cared for each other and couldn't stay together.
To tell you the truth, I was dead set against the new one coming in, Rolling Eyes but I enjoyed the ep so much that I didn't mind her at all. She got the Doctor up and about again, so that's a bonus for her. It would have been a disaster to lose him in the first ep of the season! Laughing

Eaving
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Simms shows up for a couple episodes at the end of the third season as well. If you've not already seen him in Life on Mars I highly advise hunting that one down, a brilliant series Smile
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
Clark wrote:

I am a mummy but my kids are young teens now so less prone to nightmares and frights....
No, seriously - I got really tense watching Blink and two other people at work turned over to another channel because they couldn't bear to watch it. This episode is scary not because of what you see, but because of what you don't see (i.e. it gets to work inside your head)

It got a 5.5 on the (1 to 5) Fear Factor scale (see HERE) Shocked

Ni! Twisted Evil
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo...you agree with Clark that it's a 'hide behind the sofa' ep, Sir Furry? I may need my daughter's giant teddy bear for protection.
5.5 on the Fear Factor scale. I think that says it all.

Eaving wrote:
John Simms shows up for a couple episodes at the end of the third season as well. If you've not already seen him in Life on Mars I highly advise hunting that one down, a brilliant series

I was checking up to see if Life on Mars is on here, and my son informed me that it's finished. Rolling Eyes With a bit of luck they'll show the series again.

On another note, I watched a silly show called Hyperdrive tonight. It must have started last week because this was the second episode, Hello, Queppu, (pronounced kwappoo). It was an utterly silly show and the alien bigwigs had what looked like blow-up toys on their heads. Rolling Eyes

It was so silly that I had to put my Resident Evil Apocalypse dvd on after it. Now that is a top notch movie! Oh my gawd, you should have seen my mother jump!! The third Resident Evil movie will be in theatres in September apparently.

Getting back to Doctor Who - only 3 more sleeps to the Shakespeare ep.

#ni-1

Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this at the BBC site. It's the story that Blink was based on.
The story itself isn't particularly scary, but I guess they've changed it and added some etc.

Sir Furry Mark
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
I found this at the BBC site. It's the story that Blink was based on.
The story itself isn't particularly scary, but I guess they've changed it and added some etc.
Definitely the story it is based on (since the main character is Sally Sparrow), but with a few tweaks it is given a very different slant.

Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't BLINK...

Ni!
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode certainly sounds interesting!

#ni-1

Eaving
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink is a Steven Moffat episode and hes been responsible for the bulk of the best episodes in the new series. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances in season one were his as well.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SciFi started airing season 3 last night - I enjoyed watching Catherine Tate again! She'll make an excellent companion. I gather she's a rather famous comedienne in the UK?
Eaving
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shes well known in England but based on some other forums Ive been following it seems shes about half loved and half hated. I wasn't honestly all that fond of the character myself.
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to agree with the comments above about Blink, edge of seat stuff.

Got to wait until Christmas now for the next one. The kids will be insufferable!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: