KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back with New Rigs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Back with New Rigs Reply with quote

First, I'm glad to be back. I dissapeared for a year because I was turned into a newt. Wink

I was ItsaNi! back on classic (11k WU's and I can't claim them Sad ), and for the first 80k credits or so on BOINC.

That said, I'm back, and with new computers leading the charge.

Machine #1, 'my' machine. Core 2 Duo 6400, 2 GB RAM, and a hard drive or something. Only the first part matters heh. It's always-running CPDN and SETI (Ni!). (The weird 5 day lack of results was a 7 day power outage, no joke, it sucked a lot). I also just SETI optimized this machine today, so it's WU/day should start climbing.

Machine #2, another Core 2 Duo 6400, 2 GB RAM, spec'd exactly like my machine. Always-running Rosetta and QMC.

Third, not yet online but should be later today, ANOTHER Core 2 Duo 6400, 2 GB RAM, spec'd exactly like my machine! Not sure what I'm going to sick it on, suggestions for projects welcome hehe.

I've also got my old tried and true AMD XP 3000+ grinding CPDN/SETI 50/50 (needs to be optimized), and an ancient Pentium 4 box someone was foolish enough to let me near working away at SETI (reminds me of the good old days when I first started working SETI command-line, takes like 12 hours a WU lol and also needs to be optimized).

I may be able to finagle a few more machines online soon as well. Trying to rebuild my server farm from the glory days I guess. Twisted Evil

So I'm sorry I vanished, but is that a come back or is that a come back? I keep hearing how everyone wants a dual dual, well I've got a tri dual. Sorta. Or something like that.
#ni-1

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
Fart in your gen direxion
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Back with New Rigs Reply with quote

JerWA wrote:
So I'm sorry I vanished, but is that a come back or is that a come back? I keep hearing how everyone wants a dual dual, well I've got a tri dual. Sorta. Or something like that.
#ni-1

Coming back on the 1st day of a new year, you have a flair for the dramatic Cool ! Welcome back and #ni-2 !

As the official KWSN Rosetta pimp, I applaud thy efforts on the Rosetta project, as long as you don't push me off of my lofty perch in the stats Sad . As far as wanting a tri dual, I've always wanted a threesome with sheep, is that the same Confused ?

Perhaps not Sad Embarassed .

Flatulenty yours,

Sir Fart

The Prince of Noxious Fumigations
The Earl of Eruption
The Baron of Breaking Wind
The Marquis of the Malodorous
The Monarch of Methane
Loony Emeritus
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Back...

#ni-1

May I suggest Einstien as A project. I saw your post Re ocuk.
We Really could Rule the World, you know
#ni-1
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure if a threesome with sheep counts, but I bet their literal shrubbery crunching ability far outweighs my computers! Now if only we can figure out how to translate that into BOINC credits...

As for your place in stats, I think it's probably safe hehe. I was in the low 5,000's for SETI world once upon a time, but that was when everything was running just SETI, and I had something like 30 machines crunching for me. Ah, the good ol days. I plan to be much more diverse this time around, and I don't think I can get 30 machines on my side (though I've got 3, working on another, and may have 2 or 3 more coming hehe).

YAY for taking back 8th place. It's funny, but our best was 6th, and it looks like with time we'll retake it. I noticed that in International stats we're 10m credits behind 3rd and trashing them in credits/day.
#ni-1

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
Dagger
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at said linky we are now 4th and 69 days away from 3rd overall Very Happy
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got the third Duo 2 core up today, 100% on WCG and Proteins@Home. Was going to do Einstein, but their site is still kaput.

Now I just have to wait for my main rig to figure out WTH is going on. Had to join every project to synch CPID's and I've now got WU's from every project lol. Going to take a day to sort out, then all should be back to smooth sailing.

JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's most of my current shrubbery farm. Only the oldest (and slowest, by a huge margin) machine isn't listed yet because I'm having a hard time getting BoincView to play nice with it. Once I get that figured out I'll put up another post with it's surely awesome (I bet it's mflops instead of gflops hehe) stats.

KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gut fell tells me.....

Code:
Measured floating point speed   651.14 million ops/sec
Measured integer speed   1264.36 million ops/sec

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/show_host_detail.php?hostid=2973744

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#ni-1

JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's the one lol. I have one machine better than that lurking on the network but it's not turned on often enough to shrub reliably. Hopefully by the end of 2007 I'll graduate, get a new kickbutt job, and buy myself a quad quad for Christmas.
#ni-1

JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New photoshopped screenshot (putting 2 pages of BOINCView together) of my farm. Twisted Evil

Wish it hadn't been doubling up on Einstein there near the bottom for that shot, but it's cycling up run times. That rig is running Einstein/WCG 100% but it still doubles up sometimes.

Now I need to convince my two remote sites to let me set them up with a VPN link so I can add them to BOINCView. Laughing

Update: Fixing broken image link.

JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I felt the need to update this thread.

Here's the latest image (click it for full size, it's the same link as is in my sig. Sorry for the preview being so small, I needed to put it on a new image host because the other quality was awful):

For some reason a lot of hosts are being duplicated between projects. I don't know how to help that along so that BOINCStats properly shows them. It does just fine on my main Core2 that's been in every project I crunch (to keep CPIDs synched), but a few of my older machines it's having a hard time figuring out that they are the same machine.

Update: Here's the list:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 #1 - SETI & Proteins@Home (Changes projects a LOT)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 #2 - QMC & Rosetta (never changes)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 #3 - WCG & Einstein@Home (rarely changes)
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ - Spinhenge (changes frequently)
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - Malaria Control (new to the farm & remote)
Intel Pentium 4 2.6 - Malaria Control (new to the farm & remote)
Intel Pentium 4 2.4 - Malaria Control (new to the farm & remote)
Intel Pentium 4 1.3 - SETI (optimized)

The P4 2.6 and 2.4 are both not running 24/7, so they need a project with short work units, and I'll probably just leave them on Malaria. The Athlon 64 3000+ will probably stay on Malaria too to bring my credits up on that project. Sometimes one or two machines will shift to SIMAP when it has work, and rarely (once so far hehe) everything will shift to SIMAP in an effort to beat Al Dente.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: