KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Majestic 12 - Team Crunchy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lloyd M.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fart in your gen direxion wrote:
They made a crunchy sound when we rolled over them Laughing !

ROFLMAO!
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacG wrote:
Now now kids... don't make me pull this thread over! This is a glorious time for KWSN as we are within 7 million URLs of team crunchy! I believe it will happen today!

#ni-1 #ni-1 #ni-1

LOL. Yes, daddy....
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Going for Number One Reply with quote

Just looked at the MJ12 site.

It looks like we weren't all that far behind team Norway for the number two spot for the day.

Well done, KWSN!

On a more personal note, my own stats plummeted rather precipitously today, compared to yesterday. Guess I need to install MJ12 on a better box ;^)
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably not the box. Your switch, modem, router, and/or ISP has probably had a mild cardiac infarction. It will either fix itself over time, die without warning, or result in a nasty letter. I forget which causes which, now.

I'm off MAJ12 until the end of the year probably, when I can afford to add another line here. We're using cable Internet right now, shared between too many people, so I can only lead one pillaging excursion at a time. Hopefully around the end of the year I'll be able to add a new rig, and get my own dedicated Internet access.

Oh yeah, and nya nya to Team Crunched. They must all be in hiding, for Guru and them not to have shown up to at least throw some taunts as we went by.

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-Hoo........... I left town sunday and came back just now to find out that I missed it. Oh well..... Last couple of days have been lousy for me as my best Mj-12 node is here at my house running as my oldest son decided to F*** with it and I had to repair the damage. It should be back where it belongs in a couple of days.
Anyway...."Onward Knights!!!!" #ni-1
KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's rub salt into their wounds...

on leiden Classical, we 1 place behind them by just under 3k points...

Code:
19     Crunchers Inc     3     2.36     178,177.98     International
20    The Knights Who Say Ni!    29    83.25    175,131.23    None

looks too good an opportunity to me...

Ni!

Lloyd M.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerWA wrote:
It's probably not the box. Your switch, modem, router, and/or ISP has probably had a mild cardiac infarction. It will either fix itself over time, die without warning, or result in a nasty letter. I forget which causes which, now.

The box has a dinky hard drive (it sometimes has to throttle down because of lack of disk space), and it just gives up sometimes. The DSL can get hinky, though I think that this time it was just the ethernet got tired or something (it's built into the mobo). I know that sounds stupid, and the usually effective tricks using IPCONFIG didn't net any results this time. I'm not going to knock myself out with a bunch of TRACERTs and whatnot if a reboot just perks it up. Could be a memory leak or something, which is going to take a reboot, anyway.

Anyway, a couple of re-boots later (and shutting down MJ12, so ZoneAlarm could start), it started chugging away, and uploaded at least two buckets that had already been processed.

JerWA wrote:

I'm off MAJ12 until the end of the year probably, when I can afford to add another line here. We're using cable Internet right now, shared between too many people, so I can only lead one pillaging excursion at a time. Hopefully around the end of the year I'll be able to add a new rig, and get my own dedicated Internet access.

Well, you'll be sorely missed on that project.

While my DSL isn't all that fast, at least I have all to myself, about 98.5% of the time.

JerWA wrote:

Oh yeah, and nya nya to Team Crunched. They must all be in hiding, for Guru and them not to have shown up to at least throw some taunts as we went by.

ROFL Perhaps we should start calling them team roadkill, because that's what they're starting to look like. #evil
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess that Xtreme Systems is next. We are gaining on the at an average rate of 4 & 1/2 million a day. Of course they are Two and a Half Billion ahead of us.
Lloyd M.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN - Sir Brian C....... wrote:

Code:

Ni!

Well, that is just too tempting to not at least take a look at.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

Ni!

Well, with a couple of minor hitches, I got signed up, attached and shrubbing!. One thing that's not immediately obvious to a noob like me is that the latest project just overwrites your preferences. I had kind of a catch-22 going there, because I want my main rig to shrub all the time, and it was refusing to download the corrected preferences (which told it to shrub all the time), because it had suspended because of "user activity". Sigh.

It also coopted the screensaver settings (replacing the SETI screensaver with the molecular model). The thing is, the first (and more interesting-looking) WU shrubbed so fast that I hardly got a look at it.

Instead of sharing this with S@H on the AMD, I might just move it over to the Celery and run it WFO, once the latter is done with its last S@H WUs.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd M. wrote:

It also coopted the screensaver settings (replacing the SETI screensaver with the molecular model). The thing is, the first (and more interesting-looking) WU shrubbed so fast that I hardly got a look at it.

Instead of sharing this with S@H on the AMD, I might just move it over to the Celery and run it WFO, once the latter is done with its last S@H WUs.

Duh and Duh again! Laughing

Clearly I have SETI classic on the brain. It's a BOINC screensaver, not a SETI screensaver, so it's going to show graphics from whatever project it's running. The problem is, Leiden Classic is hogging the shrubber. Haven't so much as nipped one little bud off a SETI shrub since installing LC. Sigh.

The other thing was, I looked at my results and that disappearing WU was the result of a CPU error (?), not it getting done that fast. LC seems to be about as CPU intensive as S@H. Too bad we don't have an optimized app for LC!

Looks like I'm going to have to add a CPU with at least a little horsepower under the hood. Will post on that elsewhere.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

Ni!

We are 100 pts away from passing them.. so a big hearty #ni-1 to all those working on it.
Lloyd M.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dagger wrote:

We are 100 pts away from passing them.. so a big hearty #ni-1 to all those working on it.

#ni-2 Back at ya! I haven't as many resources to devote to it as I would like, and I have shrubbed a few Leiden WUs. If I could somehow work in the time to make the climb up the Linux learning curve, I could devote 100% of a 600 mHz Pentium III box (possibly a different 733 mHz Pentium III box, if it is happier running Linux than Windoze ME [which it came with]).

I figure that 100% of a Pentium III is probably at least equivalent power to the fraction of the AMD cyles it's running on now.

Of course, to catch that doggone Eaving, I might have to hurry up and bring my "ServerBeast" up on the. It's an old IBM Netfinity server with Pentium III 550's (along with a lot of crazy server hardware that doesn't have any bearing as a shrubber), and I have a legal (Not for Resale) copy of Windoze Server 2003 for it. I hear that Windoze Server OS's are actually pretty good for SMP.

But that's another thread.

Last time I looked, we were still staying ahead of the crunchies on MJ12, and we have been running 2nd place for the day, and 4th overall (as a team) pretty consistently.

I've tortured my poor Celery into crunching a respectable number of buckets. Yes, I know that crawling isn't processor bound, and I found that some aspects of the app overall can still be hardware limited. The Celery has a hard time doing archiving, and the crawling is frequently throttled back due to lack of disk space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: