KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[CJ] Why Can't I Own Canadians?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Brother Maynard's Pizzeria and Library of Ancient Wisdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dagger
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was blinded by the Looney Magnet (tm).
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A joke is a joke, now get over it. This was a shore good read. I get hazzed when I post a silly joke at times and people take it the wrong way. People just need to lighten up.

A 4 year old was just expelled from pre-kindergarten for hugging his teacher and his little face touched her boobs. What kinda sick world we living in when a child is punished for a hug.

I sure am glad a lot of these posters are not around to much or we could tangle some more. LOL Razz Razz Wink
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since most of this took place before I joined the gang, I had to read the whole thread. I think that if this was in a room and not over the internet there would have been some serious fist fights.

alpha_fruit wrote:
A joke is a joke, now get over it. This was a shore good read. I get hazzed when I post a silly joke at times and people take it the wrong way. People just need to lighten up.

I do believe it was meant as a joke, of course being Catholic none of the joke really targeted anything I was taught as a kid (12 years in Catholic school, so I got taught a LOT).

My personal religious philosophy is this:

Quote:
Religion is a HIGHLY PERSONAL relationship between a person and what ever Supreme Being(s) that they choose to believe in (or not).

alpha_fruit wrote:
A 4 year old was just expelled from pre-kindergarten for hugging his teacher and his little face touched her boobs. What kinda sick world we living in when a child is punished for a hug.

Did they actually expell the kid, I heard that he was suspended. Of course that is all I heard - no other details were on line when I saw it on line. What did she expect she was hugging him? He is 4!!!! Where did she expect his face to end up? Of course if he jamed his little face in there and said "Hubba Hubba" whilst rapidly turning his to and fro, then it is a different story. (PS is she hot?)

alpha_fruit wrote:
I sure am glad a lot of these posters are not around to much or we could tangle some more. LOL Razz Razz Wink

If that was the case, this forum would have turned into a barroom brawl a long time ago. #ni-1 [/quote]

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little boy (black) was suspended and his parents were ask not to bring him back,(they are seeking council, since he will carry this stigma the rest of his life), the teacher(white) was a teacher's assistant, maybe she needs to be sterilized before she can have kids that may just need a hug. This story has really raised my hackles. I best not run into her on the street or this blue haired old bit*h will kick her real hard where it hurts the most.
There take that you un-huggable twit. #evil

Site story, I listen to the parents when they were interviewed and the Dad was crying about what they said about his son.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4392235.html
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed reading through this thread again, and I still agree with Sir Cracked...

Sir Cracked wrote:
Desiderata
Go placidly Amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their stories.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly to the council of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the Universe no less than the trees
and the stars; you have a right to be here;
and whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labours and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world. Be careful.
Strive to be happy
Written by Max Ehrmann 1927

A far better theme for life than any religion Iv'e ever come across.

Founder Member & Head Wombage of the Wombat and Cabbage Breeders Guild.

#ni-1

It was nice seeing the sexy Colonel again on page 2. Wink He hasn't been around for a while. What a shame.

I do miss Sir Newt and SAK too.

I can't believe that a little 4 year old boy was suspended for hugging his teacher!! Did she think he might have ulterior motives? *shakes head* What's the world coming to. Will parents now have to instruct their children not to hug people, just in case their actions are misconstrued and they are suspended, expelled or sued?
We need more hugs! Not less!

I saw the most wonderful music video last Friday night on Rage. It had been filmed in the Queen Street Mall in Brisbane, and it showed this guy walking around holding up a sign that said "Free Hugs". The number of people that claimed their free hug (young and old, male and female, black and white) was great. Other people started holding up signs too, and signing petitions. Laughing It was a nice enough song, but the video was great.
Make hugs, not war!
#ni-1

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Brodo
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW - Isn't it great that a thread can still be alive after two and a half years !!

I think the main point is that over the centuries social values and technology change and this makes some rules no longer relevant.

I am sure that today, most fundamentalists agree that slavery is unacceptable, as is selling off your daughter (no matter how tempting the idea may be at times Smile ) even though according to "THe Book Of Rules" it is permissable. Remember slavery was abolished by the efforts of some very religious people (Booth, Lincoln et all) who would have probably been decried as "Lefty Pinko's" by the Religious Right if the term had been around at that time. After all the main reason for slavery was economic, slaves were the farm machinery of the time, once the machine age began, slaves were obsolete.

If Moses came down from the mountain today the debate would probably be if it was a sin to buy a Kubota tractor instead of a John Deere Smile

The original posting by Sir CadCam posed some totally relevent questions after all, If you are one of the faithful, living by "God's Book Of Laws" you just can't pick through them and decide which ones you are going to follow and which ones you aren't !! Isn't the use of non jewish "botton pushers" by Orthodox Jews to operate machinery for them on the Sabbath just a neat bit of hair splitting ? Afterall, "You must not BENEFIT from the operation of a machine" is a quite valid interpretation of The Law and probably more in tune with the original intention of it. However modern city living makes the use such of a loophole a practical neccessity

Technology, society and life in general have changed so much over the last four millenia that no modern person can practically follow the ancient rules. Indeed the only way to be fully live the letter of the law would be to go back to being a subsistance sheep herder on the hills of Palestine and refuse all contact with the modern world.

Brodo
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I loved the post. I copied and pasted it and Emailed it to almost everyone I know.

BTW: This letter/Joke was used in an episode of the West Wing. ( TV show )
Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodo wrote:
WOW - Isn't it great that a thread can still be alive after two and a half years !!

I think the main point is that over the centuries social values and technology change and this makes some rules no longer relevant.

Nice thought! However, it could also be a sign that we haven't got anything better to do. Wink

ni! i!u
Old woman(mann, sorry)
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's good money to be had from selling grass-fed children.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Brother Maynard's Pizzeria and Library of Ancient Wisdom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: