KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphics Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Graphics Issue Reply with quote

http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

All the info posted there, but you can reply here if anyone has any ideas. The only thing I can think to try is to completely uninstall DirectX but that requires rather unfriendly 3rd party utilities, soooo...

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
Tenebra
Prince
Prince

Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim of a Galaxy far far away

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with the monitor, since it presents the same problem with different cards.

One more question: did you use the same cable to try it on both cards? If you did, you might want to check the cable as well. Sometimes a stupid error is caused by faulty cables.

My Greek Blog: The Dark Side of the Force and Other Stories
My English Blog: Snippets and Other Stories from the Net
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only used one card. I don't think it's the monitor, because it only freaks out when 3d apps are running like games. I can run all the 2d apps I want, photoshop, etc, watch movies even, just fine.

A friend of mine suggested it may be DirectX blown up, and I think he's onto something. Unfortunately, there's no good easy way to uninstall DirectX as Windows considers it part of the system. I've got a tool that says it can do it, but requires the original CD, and warns that it could just end up blowing things up worse.

Sooo... I'm in the process of backing up (a monumental task) and if I can actually manage to get most of it backed up I'll just flatten the box and start over. Sad

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
Tenebra
Prince
Prince

Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim of a Galaxy far far away

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before going there have you tried re-installing DirectX? If you look in Microsoft's site, you can download version 9.0c and re0install it.

My Greek Blog: The Dark Side of the Force and Other Stories
My English Blog: Snippets and Other Stories from the Net
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give the redist installer a whirl and see if it'll actually replace the core files like it says. The web installer is useless hehe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: