KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Timetable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotciv KOTHRT
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: No Timetable Reply with quote

No Timetable
President Bush refused to say when he would finish reading the Iraq Study Group report.
Dec. 12, 2006 - In a press conference at the White House today, President George W. Bush flatly refused to set a timetable for reading the Iraq Study Group's report, telling reporters that doing so "would send the wrong message to our enemies."

When the group issued its report last week, many in Washington assumed that the president would move the book to the top of his reading list, but today's press conference left little doubt that Bush has no intention of being pressured into finishing the 160-page volume.

"If I were to announce that I planned to finish reading this book by summer of '07, or early '08, or some other artificial deadline, that would be giving our enemies exactly what they want," Bush told reporters. "And so I am going to stay the course and finish the book I am currently reading: 'Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog.'"

According to Professor Davis Logsdon, who teaches a course in the president's reading habits at the University of Minnesota, anyone who expects Bush to finish reading the Iraq Study Group's report any time soon will be "sorely disappointed."

"When President Bush says he's going to take his time reading something, he means it," Logsdon said. "Remember how long it took him to finish 'My Pet Goat.'"

Elsewhere, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) said he had decided to run for president again in 2008 after being urged to do so by both David Letterman and Jay Leno.
Rolling Eyes

Tenebra
Prince
Prince

Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim of a Galaxy far far away

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if the report is a few hundred pages long...
I don't think Bush will ever finish it!!!!

My Greek Blog: The Dark Side of the Force and Other Stories
My English Blog: Snippets and Other Stories from the Net
larry1186
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't doubt that Letterman and Leno could convince Bush as well to run for prez in '08. (he's probably considering it already...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: