KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suspected spammers.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance of setting up the email validation piece of the id registration?

#ni-1

Tenebra
Prince
Prince

Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim of a Galaxy far far away

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The e-mail validation does solve problems in forums. Most sites or forums or news I am subscribed to/participate in do have e-mail validation

My Greek Blog: The Dark Side of the Force and Other Stories
My English Blog: Snippets and Other Stories from the Net
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my understanding here, that you need a valid email and click the link to verify it is valid. I don't remember since I joined a hundred years ago. LOL Wink Razz

I have my family web site set up so that I have to approve you. Our Admins all work and have real lives and don't want to have to spend hours weeding through new member crap, which I can understand. So, if we just ignore the spam dummies, they will kick them out and DON'T click on their links or post.
jbyram2
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSFW is Not Safe For Work...Kinda like all those boobies but more so...

The brain I'm wearing makes me eat chocolate and cry!!
Something Completely different
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyv wrote:
They'll stop doing it when it stops working.

I still get calls from telemarketers. You would think that they aren't making enough money from that to justify still doing business that way. Here in NY there is a fairly recent (within the last couple of years) law to help stop the telemarketers. It's called the Do Not Call List. You register your phone # with the list and all telemarketers are required to keep their phone lists current with the registered list and not call those numbers. Anyone that does call the registered #'s can start getting fined after a couple of violations. Naturally there are loopholes. Business you have done business with, charitable organizations and POLITICANS are exempt from the law.

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrorless wrote:
POLITICANS.

They are the worse, they should be back-haned-slapped about a dozen times until they get the point. I had to put my tele-zapper back on my phone before the elections, I changed my party to unaffiliated so the idjits would stop harassing me. I have given up hope for a decent politician.
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alpha_fruit wrote:
I have given up hope for a decent politician.

There are a couple of sayings about politicans that I heard a LOOOONG time ago.

1) The only good politican is a dead one.

2) Politicans are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason.

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrubz wrote:
And blocking ISPs isn't all that effective any longer because many of them are sent from hijacked home systems that are completely unaware they have been compromised.

Sad, but true.
I don't know how many would be picked up by Spybot and AdAware, but it's a good idea to scan with both of these because one might pick up something that the other one has missed.

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems as though posting once isn't enough, posting twice is a whole lot better. #evil
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
Shrubz wrote:
And blocking ISPs isn't all that effective any longer because many of them are sent from hijacked home systems that are completely unaware they have been compromised.

Sad, but true.
I don't know how many would be picked up by Spybot and AdAware, but it's a good idea to scan with both of these because one might pick up something that the other one has missed.

Quoting myself and Shrubz here. Rolling Eyes

Just a little suggestion - It might help if we all give our computers a good scanning with anti-virus and anti-spyware stuff every day at the moment just in case one or more of us have been infected with a sneaky one.

Good online scans - Trend Micro Housecall (works with Firefox and I.E.), Panda Activescan (works with I.E.), Symantec Security Check (Works with I.E.). I use each of these in conjunction with my installed anti-virus program (usually AVG, currently Norton 2005).
Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware, Spybot - Search & Destroy are all free and available at Download.com

Speaking of Download.com, has anybody seen this?
Quote:
CNET News.com http://www.news.com/
Search for missing CNET editor shifting north

By Leslie Katz
http://news.com.com/Search+for+missing+CNET+editor+shifting+north/2100-1028_3-6140118.html

Story last modified Sat Dec 02 15:22:41 PST 2006

advertisement

Following confirmed sightings last Saturday night of missing CNET editor James Kim and his family at a Denny's restaurant in Roseburg, Ore., search efforts are shifting north to Douglas County, Oregon police said Saturday morning.

The 35-year-old Kim, his 30-year-old wife Kati and daughters Penelope (4 years) and Sabine (7 months) left their home in San Francisco last week on a Thanksgiving road trip to the Pacific Northwest. Before the Denny's sighting on Saturday, November 25, they had last been seen earlier that day in Portland, Ore., according to the SFPD's missing persons' report.
James Kim

Seen James Kim?
Contact the SFPD at 415-558-5508 during normal business hours and at 415-553-1071 after-hours. The Pacific Northwest call center for the case can be reached at 1-800-452-7888.

Search efforts had been busy in Curry County, where Gold Beach, the family's reported destination for last Saturday evening, is located. But after a multi-agency search involving snowmobiles, a Sno-Cat and helicopters including a UH-60 Blackhawk, there's still no sign of the Kims' 2005 silver Saab 9-2X station wagon with California personalized plates of "DOESF."

Those fruitless efforts, combined with news of the Denny's sighting in Roseberg at about 8 p.m. on November 25 gives Lt. Dennis Dinsmore, of the Curry County Sheriffs' Department, "no indication in any way that they ever reached" his county.

"We're going to start backing away from the investigation," he said, adding that the hunt will shift to roads off state Highway 42 instead of Highway 38. Both are common routes taken to get from Interstate 5 to the Oregon coast.
Kati Kim
Kati Kim

Officials from the sheriff's office in Douglas County, where Roseburg is located, could not be reached for comment. But the Denny's sighting was confirmed in a press statement and Dinsmore said the family's stop at Denny's had been corroborated by employees and a credit card receipt.

The National Guard, California Highway Patrol, Oregon State Police and Coast Guard have are all participating in the search. In addition to patrolling highways running from Interstate 5 to the Oregon coast and along Highway 101, Oregon State Police troopers say they are checking hotels and resorts on the south coast.
Douglas County sheriffs have already done an extensive search of area roads, including Highway 42 from the Winston area to Myrtle Point in neighboring Coos County, according to the statement. Further search options are being explored.

Inspector Kim Lewis of the San Francisco Police Department's Missing Persons Unit said the SFPD has received approximately 10 tips and is pursuing all of them. "We have been having leads coming in with regards to sightings," she said. "Whether or not they are valid, we don't know."

Dozens of tips have also come in to a Pacific Northwest call center set up in Salem, Ore., she said. That number is 1-800-452-7888.

Ryan Lee, a longtime friend of the Kims, told the San Francisco Chronicle that he had brunch with the Kims in Portland Saturday. The Kims told their friend they planned to stop by a clothing boutique in Portland before driving to Gold Beach, where they said they had a hotel reservation at the Tu Tu Tun Lodge for Saturday night.

The hotel reportedly received an early evening phone call from the Kims saying they would be arriving at the hotel later than expected. They never showed up.
James, Kati and Sabine
James, Kati and Sabine Kim

Lewis said the last call recorded from James Kim's cell phone was made to a friend in San Francisco at 3 p.m. and suggested that the call to the hotel may have been made from a landline. She said the SFPD is still waiting for credit card information to come in.

While some Saab models come equipped with the OnStar vehicle security and communications system, the model the Kims were driving did not offer OnStar as an option, said Mike Weinstein, a detective with the Portland Police Bureau's Missing Persons Unit, who said he also confirmed that information with OnStar using the Kims' vehicle identification number. The car did not have a LoJack car security system either, Weinstein said.

On Saturday, the day the Kims were last seen, weather conditions in Southern Oregon were very hazardous, according to a spokesman for the Curry County Sheriff's Department.

At CNET, James Kim is a senior editor covering digital audio who also co-hosts a weekly video podcast for the Crave gadgets blog. He has been writing a book on Microsoft's Zune MP3 player. Formerly, he was an on-air personality on the now-defunct cable television network TechTV.

He and his wife own two stores in San Francisco--Doe, a clothing store in the city's Lower Haight area, and the Church Street Apothecary in the Noe Valley neighborhood, where they live. Kati Kim also worked at CNET from 1998 to 1999.

The family was expected to return to San Francisco on Monday, November 27. When both James Kim and Kati Kim failed to show up for appointments on Tuesday, November 28, co-workers began to worry for their safety. The Kims are known for keeping in touch daily with their friends and co-workers, either by phone or e-mail.

Those with information about the Kim family's whereabouts are asked to contact the SFPD immediately--at 415-558-5508 during normal business hours and at 415-553-1071 after-hours.

CNET News.com reporter Greg Sandoval contributed to this article.

Copyright ©1995-2006 CNET Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.

I know this has turned into a long post, but I thought the article was important enough to post here. I hope they are okay.

mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not thinking foul play. It sounds like more of an accident & they haven't been found or were brought into a hospital as the Doe family. Did he write something unflattering about some heavy hitters lately?

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to think it was an accident too. It looks like they still haven't been found, and I hate to say it but they may not be found in time. Very sad for their family and friends.

mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The @#^%@#**@#!^# SPAMMERS are cropping up again!!!

I say we send Sir Farty to "talk" to them.

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: