KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

British Soccer lineswoman gets abused !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: British Soccer lineswoman gets abused !!!! Reply with quote

Luton's board of directors will meet manager Mike Newell to discuss the comments he made about lineswoman Amy Rayner after Saturday's defeat by QPR.

The board met on Monday and said in a statement: "The club disassociates itself with the manager's comments which have no place in the game.

"The board will meet with the manager as a matter of urgency."

Newell has apologised for his comments about Rayner, saying: "My comments were ill-timed and out of order."

Newell added that he had wanted to speak with Rayner before commenting publicly.

"I wanted to apologise privately before I apologised publicly but it has taken until Monday morning to get hold of Amy's number."

Will I be the manager at the weekend? That is a question for the board, but I am not going to resign

The Football Association has said it will look into Newell's comments, which he made in his post-match press conference on Saturday.

The former Everton and Blackburn striker was unhappy that Rayner and referee Andy D'Urso failed to award his side a spot-kick when QPR defender Marcus Bignot tangled with Carlos Edwards in the penalty box.

"It is bad enough with the incapable referees and linesmen we have but if you start bringing in women, you have big problems," said Newell.

"This is Championship football. This is not park football, so what are women doing here? It is tokenism, for the politically-correct idiots.

"She should not be here. I know that sounds sexist but I am sexist, so I am not going to be anything other than that."

Meanwhile, Rayner has already received the full backing of referee's chief Neale Barry, QPR's Bignot and England international Rachel Yankey.

Arsenal Ladies star Yankey told BBC Five Live: "She has the qualifications to officiate at Championship level and to say she should not be there is totally unfair.

"Amy Rayner earned the right to be an assistant referee in that game.

"Amy is a role model. Football remains a male-dominated sport but she has the bravery to do something she loves.

"If the decision was wrong he might attack the assistant referee but he should not say she should not be in the game simply because she is a woman.

"Games mean so much to managers and maybe he made those comments out of rage but it cannot be condoned."

Last month Newell was warned as to his future conduct by the FA after being found guilty of abusing a match official.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/6140922.stm

Sir Robin
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did she look like this?

Crabbleboys
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women refs are crap but they are no worse than their idiot male counterparts. It would help if they all looked like that though we'd be to busy leering to moan at them Wink
Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALERT! ALERT!! ALERT!!!

Sir Crabbleboys is in the house! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Long time no NI!

ni! i!u #ni-1
Crabbleboys
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very long time no Ni Sir Hampster! It is great to see, no matter what else changes in the world of DC, all my favorite loonies still in the same place. #ni-2 Laughing Laughing
Please feel free to get the barman to bring a PGB and lutefisk sarnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: