KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D2OL Agent Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: D2OL Agent Problem Reply with quote

I'm not sure what's going on with my D2OL, and I was wondering if anybody else may have had a similar problem.

Haven't loaded it up for a while so I thought I'd start alternating with BOINC again on this computer. The little D2OL thingy showed up okay in the taskbar but I couldn't get it show on the screen when I clicked on "Show Agent". Nothing happened when I clicked on "About" or "Properties" etc either. I uninstalled and reinstalled to try again but the same thing keeps happening. Can't get into anything, plus (according to what I've read in FAQs at the site) I've lost the node number and it would have been assigned a new node number. It seems to be shrubbing okay but not for the team Rolling Eyes - as a matter of fact I don't know where the credit for the darn shrubs are going because I can't check "Status" or anything. Is there maybe not enough memory to load it up on to the screen? Or is it there, and just hiding. I've got no idea. It worked okay before, but it has been a while since I've had it working.

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*

It doesn't matter that much anyway. I think I'll have to start shutting the machines down during the day soon because of the heat. They are both sitting next to windows but it doesn't seem to make much difference even with fans turned on. It's supposed to be 38 here tomorrow and 40 on Wednesday. We didn't really get these temps until December through to March last summer. Winter was nice, but summer is hell. Sad

A Shrubbery
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take all the heat you want to ship this way.

Oh, and the drought is officially over I suppose. Still not up to what would be normal but it's flooding so I guess it's a fair trade.

KWSN - A Shrubbery
Shrubbing since 2000 for the KaNI!ghts.
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flooding? Tell me where, Shrubz! I'll start packing the bags tonight. Laughing

We haven't had a drop of rain here for months. Oops, I tell a lie. We had about 10 spits a couple of weeks ago. Our fruit trees and rose bushes get watered every afternoon, but their leaves are starting to curl and they burn during the day. We had stormy looking clouds come over for a few days last week but they kept going and didn't bother to stop here. Stormy looking clouds this afternoon but they just kept going. Maybe tomorrow? Confused

Shrubby, you can have as much of this heat as you desire.

mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch Michelle Shocked !

We (nyc) are about 10 inches (25.4 centimeters for out metric friends) above normal. Not complaigning as we had a drought here a while ago and was not fun.

If you send a big enough bucket I'll send you the rain we are dur for the next 4 days or so. The hot weather you can keep, as I covered my ACs for the winter already.

Good luck! Think wet!

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

A Shrubbery
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as some of you may know, I live almost in a rain forest so we got about a foot this last weekish. Still three feet down for the season but making headway. Seattle got it much worse than us. They're not accustomed to the heavy rainfall so it got a bit ugly.

At least the rain moderates the temperature. Had to scrape my windshield for a few mornings.

KWSN - A Shrubbery
Shrubbing since 2000 for the KaNI!ghts.
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you managed to get some over there, even if it was less than usual.
It's almost unbearable here today, and I've been worried that the budgie is going to drop dead. Don't you just hate it when the toilet seat is hot! I don't know about this storm they predicted. Not a cloud in the sky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: