KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Einstein has optimized applications for test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Einstein has optimized applications for test Reply with quote

For those who crunch Einstein but do not visit their forums, they have some new OFFICAL optimized apps.

These are currently for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. They are considered BETA, and may cause weird/bad results. So far the Windows and Linux ones are really doing some nice jobs. Have not seen much about the FreeBSD one.

Beta Testing is where you will find them. So far the windows one is saving around 35-40% crunch time.
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put it on my work machine a day or two ago. Looks like the typical work unit went from 24-25k seconds down to 19-20k seconds. So about 6.5 hours down to 5.5. Not too shabby.

Results for this computer. Everything done on or after the 8th is with the new client.

I just put it on my windows box at home yesterday but it had some old work units it still had to clear out so it hasn't gotten any optimized work units yet.
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the windows box at home has completed a few work units. here are the results. The change-over should be obvious. Smile

It seems that the non-optimized linux app was much more efficient than the non-optimized windows app. The optimized linux app gained me ~5,000 (25k -> 20k) seconds while the optimized windows app gained me almost 10,000 (30k -> 20k) on nearly identical hardware. Now my windows and linux AMDx2 boxes have nearly identical run times.
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Bernd's post ealier today, it looks like these apps will be released this week for everyone. Once it gets spread around, we should see a good spike in amount of work done, over the next couple of weeks after the release.
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Einstien Released 4.24 on 8/14. My credit for large work units went from about 178 to 148 but my time went down from 10-11 hours to about 6 hours. On the small work units time dropped from 1hr 15 min to 45 min. credit dropped very little from 16&change to 15&change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: